People of St. Louis, the time to act is now! The election for Mayor of St. Louis is this Tuesday, April 7th and it's too late to get TJ Oshie on the ballot, but it's never too late for write-in votes.
For the writers of this blog, only one of us is eligible to actually vote in the city election, but that doesn't mean that we can't try. Even if we do get caught trying to scam our way in, we may just vote in our own municipalities anyway. He could probably win a race in Olivette without getting too many votes.
Here's some info on the City of St. Louis race:
- There are 4 candidates on the ballot.
- Some dude named 'Elston' is running as the Green Party candidate, and his campaign vehicle was recently firebombed. So, you might not want to be caught standing too close to dude.
- Robb Cunningham is running as a Libertarian, so clearly all of his supporters will be far too high to vote on Tuesday.
- Maida Coleman is running as an Independant, which means she should not quit her day job quite yet.
- Francis Slay is running as a Democrat. He lists his current occupation as "Mayor of St. Louis" so he might have a leg up on this thing.
TJ Oshie's qualifications:
- Recently was named NHL Rookie of the Month (don't you want your mayor to exhibit youthful enthusiasm?)
- His jersey is outselling all others by a 3-to-1 margin (TJ Oshie is already helping to pump money into the local economy)
- As the sign above says, he is the future (anyone who tries to resist the future is guaranteed to be part of the past)
- TJ Oshie is pro-job creation (his dad runs a TJ-related company called "Oshie Sports & Entertainment")
- TJ Oshie understands the issues of Seniors (didn't want to step on any toes when it came to selecting a jersey number)
- TJ Oshie will stand up for St. Louis
- TJ Oshie is familiar with law enforcement and can work well with STLPD
- TJ Oshie can raise funds for the city
- TJ Oshie is pro-education (three years at University of North Dakota)
- TJ Oshie can bust out a mean version of 'Wonderwall' on the game Rock Band
The time to act is NOW, people! Tell your friends and neighbors and be sure to write in TJ Oshie for mayor of St. Louis on Tuesday.