Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Sunday, April 5, 2009
- There are 4 candidates on the ballot.
- Some dude named 'Elston' is running as the Green Party candidate, and his campaign vehicle was recently firebombed. So, you might not want to be caught standing too close to dude.
- Robb Cunningham is running as a Libertarian, so clearly all of his supporters will be far too high to vote on Tuesday.
- Maida Coleman is running as an Independant, which means she should not quit her day job quite yet.
- Francis Slay is running as a Democrat. He lists his current occupation as "Mayor of St. Louis" so he might have a leg up on this thing.
- Recently was named NHL Rookie of the Month (don't you want your mayor to exhibit youthful enthusiasm?)
- His jersey is outselling all others by a 3-to-1 margin (TJ Oshie is already helping to pump money into the local economy)
- As the sign above says, he is the future (anyone who tries to resist the future is guaranteed to be part of the past)
- TJ Oshie is pro-job creation (his dad runs a TJ-related company called "Oshie Sports & Entertainment")
- TJ Oshie understands the issues of Seniors (didn't want to step on any toes when it came to selecting a jersey number)
- TJ Oshie will stand up for St. Louis
- TJ Oshie is familiar with law enforcement and can work well with STLPD
- TJ Oshie can raise funds for the city
- TJ Oshie is pro-education (three years at University of North Dakota)
- TJ Oshie can bust out a mean version of 'Wonderwall' on the game Rock Band
How can he become King of St. Louis? Well, if he keeps it up, that will help, but we have bigger plans for him. First off, here's some of the stuff that got us to volunteer for his campaign committee:
- TJ Oshie beats Marty Turco. Blues fans rejoice!
- This wallpaper was dreamy! Hello, greatest hair ever!
- King Oshie gets his first votes!
But it was this hit against Kings' captain Dustin Brown, followed by this hit against Blue Jackets' captain Rick Nash, which was beaten only by yet another hit on Nash, that made us want to make this site.
Seriously? The Captain Killer needs a site dedicated to getting him voted into as many positions of power as we can muster. Here are a few that we can think of right off the top of our heads:
- NHL All-Star Game
- Grand Marshall of every parade possible
- Various bridges, spans, parks or other open-voting named structures
Yeah, you read that last one right. We can't make No. 74 the King of St. Louis yet, but the St. Louis City mayoral election is this Tuesday, April 7th.
It's time for action, Oshie fans! We are lucky enough to live within city limits, so the two of us will be writing in our votes for mayor as TJ Oshie.
We're too late to have yard signs and bumper stickers and door hangers, but we do have the power of the internet and the power of YOU!
And we want YOU to Vote 4 Oshie on April 7th, St. Louis!
Seriously, can Mayor Slay do this?
Let's vote for change we can believe in. Or at least change that can pull off a sweet forehand-backhand deke.